httpd-users mailing list archives

From Matus UHLAR - fantomas <uh...@fantomas.sk>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using _default_ vhosts
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 13:24:42 GMT
> > jeff00seattle wrote:
> >> Reference:  http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/vhosts/examples.html#default
> >> Using _default_  vhosts
> >>
> >> What does _default_ actually mean???

On 24.04.09 21:08, Davide Bianchi wrote:
> Exactly what it says. The "default" VHost is picked when Apache can't
> understand which vhost is requested by the client ('cause none of the
> ServerName matches). Without a _default_ one, the first one in the list
> is used.

No. <VirtualHost _default_> match on IP address no other virtual host is
bound on (and I think only when no NameVirtualHost is specified).

So, when someone configures <VirtualHost *> in addition to
<VirtualHost _default_> the _default_ will never match.

LSD will make your ECS screen display 16.7 million colors