httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Using _default_ vhosts
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2009 16:31:31 GMT
On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 11:24 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
<uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>> On Mon, Apr 27, 2009 at 9:24 AM, Matus UHLAR - fantomas
>> <uhlar@fantomas.sk> wrote:
>> > No. <VirtualHost _default_> match on IP address no other virtual host
is
>> > bound on (and I think only when no NameVirtualHost is specified).
>> >
>> > So, when someone configures <VirtualHost *> in addition to
>> > <VirtualHost _default_> the _default_ will never match.
>
> On 27.04.09 09:35, Eric Covener wrote:
>> You sure this doesn't boil down to the order of these two relative to
>> eachother?  Can you demonstrate ITT?
>
> Would be nice not to remove text I have answered.

IMO your correction in the first paragraph is correct, and my followup
is regarding the second paragraph. I didn't quite the misinformation
because I believe both stand pretty well on their own.

> the _default_ applies for IP addresses, not server names.

Not in question in my followup.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com