httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Random IP in httpd -S
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2009 10:55:06 GMT
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 5:08 AM, Dom Hampton <dom@attend2.co.uk> wrote:

> I have apache running on a trixbox installation (centos 5.2) it works to a certain extent
with the catch all default server and catch all ssl virtual host forwarding to the correct
directories and running the 2 websites with no problems.  I'm trying to add a 3rd and when
you go to the site address you get Connection Interrupted, the document contains no data.

> I have run httpd -S and that where I think the problem lies, it reports
>
> VirtualHost configuration:
> 80.79.2.233:443       sub.mydomain.co.uk (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:994)
> 80.79.2.233:80         sub.mydomain.co.uk (/etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:1001)
> wildcard NameVirtualHosts and _default_ servers:
> _default_:443          trixbox1.localdomain (/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl.conf:81)
> Syntax OK
>

> Looks ok but the ip (which i've changed for privacy) is wrong, the 79 bit should be 179,
this suggests a typo somewhere, I've searched the logs even don a file search on the whole
machine but can't find reference to this address anywhere.  Where would it be or is there
a way of over ridding it and putting the correct address in?

The -S output contains a filename and line number. What's there?  Is
it an unexpected DNS result?

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com