httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tom Evans <tevans...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Files not found
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2009 15:36:07 GMT
On Wed, 2009-04-01 at 15:55 +0100, bruno wrote:

> I tried to load html files from a few computers in my lan.  I wrote
> 127.0.0.1 on localhost and sever's IP address from others computers but
> only I can load index.html saying "It works".
>
> Thanks,
> Bruno.

127.0.0.1 will only work if the browser is run from the same machine the
server is on[1].

That index.html that is loaded is the apache default. You need to see
why the files aren't found.

1) Find your httpd.conf
  ps auxww | grep httpd (The '-f' argument is the conf file.)

2) Find the important settings in your httpd.conf:
  egrep ^ServerRoot\|^ErrorLog\|^DocumentRoot /path/to/httpd.conf

3) Try to load a file, then look in your error log to see why it didn't
load. You are almost certainly putting your files in one directory, and
apache is looking in another. That is the 'DocumentRoot' setting.

If you need more help, please reply INCLUDING THE INFORMATION I ASKED
FOR. :)

Cheers

Tom

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Localhost