httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Adrian Marsh" <Adrian.Ma...@ubiquisys.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache memory hog
Date Fri, 03 Apr 2009 13:56:53 GMT
Maybe if I post some more about the conf files.

Of most interest will be ssl.conf, and the /svn location.

Arnab,  my experience with Apaches fairly limited, and despite me reading on those parameters
before, I'm not sure of the appropriate settings to use. I know enough to be dangerous and
do some debug, but not enough about each setting to understand what they do in detail.

Maybe if I lowered MaxRequestsPerChild, would the large sub-processes close down? Would they
hand back the memory they've used? (httpd doesn't seem to on a stop/start).

I don't have MaxMemFree in my config anywhere.  I think I'll try this one first.

Adrian