httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Ian Cant" <...@maniahub.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Windows Vista DocumentRoot relocation issue 403 Forbidden
Date Tue, 28 Apr 2009 12:42:00 GMT
Hi, I am experiencing problems installing Apache 2.2.11 including open-ssl
onto my Windows Vista Ultimate (no service pack) machine. I have followed
tutorials I have seen online about running the installer from command prompt
(as Adminstrator) and installing Apache outside of the Program Files
directories. I have installed into C:\apache. I wish to change the
DocumentRoot from the standard htdocs (which does work) and move it to
c:\webroot. However when I do  this I am returned a 403 Forbidden error. I
have tried to copy and paste the existing htdocs directory (from c:\apache
too c:\webroot\htdocs) amending the htpd.conf file as applicable and still
experience the same difficulty. I am a new user of Vista so not 100% on
everything as yet. Done some searches online and have'nt been able to pick
up anything. Thanks In Advance. Ian