httpd-users mailing list archives

From Ed Avis <...@waniasset.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Confused about LDAP authentication with Active Directory
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 19:05:17 GMT
Mark H. Wood <mwood <at> IUPUI.Edu> writes:

>I've forgotten whether there was some special complicating factor in
>the original request.

Probably not - just my inability to translate the directory structure as seen in
the browser into a query string.  But in the end I found that Apache2::MSAD does
the job with a lot less fuss by just sending the username and password straight
to Active Directory (no searches needed).

Since I just want to authenticate, and not grant permissions based on Windows
user groups, this works perfectly.  See
<http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.apache.user/82644>.

--
Ed Avis <eda@waniasset.com>