httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tim DeBoer <tdeb...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] http to https
Date Sat, 21 Mar 2009 08:09:35 GMT
Hi everyone,
I've been playing around with SSL and want to set up apache to automagically
handle traffic as https, rather than http on the SSL enabled sites.

For example if I type in secure.foo.com, I want apache to read/load it as
https://secure.foo.com in my browser. Right now it just loads as
http://secure.foo.com.
If I use https://secure.foo.com it works properly of course.

I have mod_rewrite installed, and it works to redirect http traffic, but I
can't get it to work in this case. This is the rewrite rule I'm using:
RewriteEngine on
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} ^(secure\.)?.foo.com [NC]
RewriteRule . https://secure.foo.com/ [L]

I'm not sure, but I would imagine it's something in the rewrite rule that's
messed up, but I can't seem to figure it out. It might also be something in
my SSL config for all I know.

Any suggestions?

Thanks everyone  :)

--