httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Boyle Owen" <Owen.Bo...@six-group.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Reducing js file sizes...
Date Mon, 23 Mar 2009 15:10:01 GMT

I don't know for certain the OP's motivation but it may not be just to save bandwidth...

There is a security imperative for cleaning up JS - comments, and even variable names, can
reveal details about  your server's implementation that may assist an attacker. You can (should?)
go the whole hog and obfuscate the code too (re-write variables to "a", "b", "c" etc, remove
white-space, etc..)

Rgds,
Owen Boyle

or legally privileged information. If you receive this message in error, please notify the
sender urgently and then immediately delete the message and any copies of it from your system.
Please also immediately destroy any hardcopies of the message.
networks.