httpd-users mailing list archives

From Flowering Weeds <floweringwe...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Validating HTTP requests
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:35:33 GMT

> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Validating HTTP requests
>

> Brian Mearns wrote:
>
> > Sorry, don't know of anything in particular, but it seems
> > to me that Apache itself would necessarily be doing some
> > amount of validation on the in coming requests.
>
> Yes of course :-). But 1/ I'd like the validation to be as strict as possible (as you
said, I expect Apache to be a bit lenient with its clients) and 2/ I'd like to have the report
with useful information in case of failure to be sent in response to the request, instead
of having to give the client the right to dig into the logs on the server.

> Thanks for your response, regards,

One hates to say it but

All current Windows systems have an object that does this

http.sys

Http.sys can be used by an application using HTTP (if one wishes to use http.sys), and all
these apps can use the same IP / Port (or not).

One can read the http.sys error log with Log Parser like this

LogParser.exe "SELECT * FROM HTTPERR"

I will soon have an Apache post where one will using the Windows .NET automation toool,

PowerShell (like sed, bash, and perl but dealing with complete objects instead of only text),

to check the http.sys error log. One will be able to compare these http.sys's error times

the times within the Apache access log and the Apache error log. This will also demo "finding

same time" log actions for possible trouble checking of Apache.

HotmailĀ® is up to 70% faster. Now good news travels really fast.