httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tim Ford" <tf...@phmc.org>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] Apache port help
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 18:53:12 GMT
Okay, the reason why its running on port 8080 is because I have another
webpage running on 80 on the same server.

Tim Ford
tford@phmc.org

-----Original Message-----
From: Evan Platt [mailto:evan@espphotography.com]
Sent: Thursday, March 05, 2009 1:45 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Apache port help

At 10:33 AM 3/5/2009, you wrote:
>Hello, I am hosting my webpage on port 8080 so the address is
>http://intranet:8080 and you have to type that to get to it. Well I
>would just like it if my users just had to type http://intranet and
>apache will do the rest. I have tried the Rewrite and Proxy but with no
>luck. Could someone please help me out?

So you have Apache running on port 80 and port 8080? Why not just use
port 80?

This e-mail and any attachments may contain confidential information that is legally privileged.
If you received this e-mail in error or are not the intended recipient, you should delete
and destroy the e-mail and any attachments or copies;
you are prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information contained
in the e-mail.  Please notify the sender of the erroneous e-mail delivery by return e-mail.
 Thank you for your cooperation.