httpd-users mailing list archives

From Udam Dewaraja <udamdewar...@hotmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Dynamically configuring proxy_balancer
Date Tue, 10 Mar 2009 19:51:28 GMT

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out if the Load Balancer provided by Apache for its Web Server allows
nodes to be added/removed dynamically.

I see that through the balancer_manager page, you can take configured nodes up or down. I
also see that any changes to the configuration (adding/removing) nodes requires the web server
to be restarted.

Is there any mod or configuration change that allows nodes to be added/removed dynamically?
I do not have the luxury of being able to take down the LB for any period of time. Any help/direction
will be much appreciated.

Regards,

Udam

Express your personality in color! Preview and select themes for HotmailĀ®.