httpd-users mailing list archives

From Sean DeNigris <s...@clipperadams.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Can you go outside the .htaccess directory with Rewrite Rule?
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 16:49:14 GMT
[SOLVED]

Thank you everyone for the ideas!

When I checked the error logs,
Apache was reinserting the base of the .htaccess directory's URI.
So my "/cgi-bin/script" became /~me/public_html/cgi-bin/script (/~me/
public_html/ is the .htaccess directory + /cgi-bin/script, the
directory I specified).

It seems that you can't go outside the web root with RewriteRule, so I
put a symbolic link to the script in the directory with the .htaccess
file.  So Rewrite -> link in same directory -> script outside web root

If anyone wants the details, I posted them for your use: http://seandenigris.com/?p=6

p.s. I played with [PT], but couldn't get it to work