httpd-users mailing list archives

From "YungWei.Chen" <YungWei.C...@resolvity.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Communication between a reverse proxy server and an interal app server
Date Fri, 27 Mar 2009 16:02:49 GMT
Hi,
    I'd like to set up a reverse proxy server which forwards requests to
an internal app server.
    Both servers handles only ssl requests. And I have some questions.
Thanks.

    * How many ssl certificates do I need in my current setup? 1 (for
the proxy server)  or 2 (for both the proxy server and the app server)?
    * How does the communication between the proxy server and the
internal app server work? I mean, does the proxy server first decrypt a
request and then encrypt it again before it forward the request to the
app server?
    * I am also thinking about deploying ModSecurity on the proxy
server. Are they good combination?