httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Brantl M. Klaus" <...@deam.org>
Subject [users@httpd] mod_disk_cache and ext3-limits
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:17:02 GMT
Hi there,

I've read about changing the FS to get more file-links/ dirs into one
directory, but thats a bit of a problem here. So basicly I need to
stay with ext3.

Trouble is that changing the caching-behaviour with CacheDirLevels and
CacheDirLength won't change the overall amount of URL's the system can
cache. It always ends with about 32000 links within the CacheRoot -
and thats the exact amount of "total entries" the htcacheclean
delivers in verbose mode.

Because of the structure of the site I'm working on we have tons of
different URL's with very litte payload. So currently I'm reducing the
cache to 500m with htcacheclean to stay in the range of abaut 25000
links. But thats not really what I need...
I'm now thinking of using mod_memcached_cache, but don't know how
"stable" this can be called. And of course our disks have more space
left than we have memory to "waste".

Any clue on how to save more that 32000 URL's mit mod_disk_cache and
ext3?

kind regards
Klaus