httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Virtual hosts + proxy
Date Sun, 29 Mar 2009 10:10:20 GMT
On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 10:05 PM, Ignacio Avellino
<iavellino@colonizacion.com.uy> wrote:

> The main problem is that our router/firewall sends all requests on port 80
> to one server only (192.168.100.5), despite a subdomain specified in the
> URL.

You router only sees the IP address and the port, and so can only make
decisions based on that. The router doesn't see the URL unless it's an
application level router, which I asume it isn't or you wouldn't be
asking this here.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com