httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Redirect a whole site from port 80 to a servlet container
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 15:10:23 GMT
On Wed, Mar 25, 2009 at 3:34 PM, Florent Georges <lists@fgeorges.org> wrote:

> Richard Peacock wrote:
>
>> If I recall from memory the error you got means there is no
>> default document and you don't have permission to give a
>> directory listing.
>
>  :-)  Yes, if I get directly http://original.com:1234/container/app/ I get the page.
 In addition, even the original website does not work anymore (which that should not change
because of the new site.)

I asume you have eitehr debian or a debian derived distro like ubuntu,
from your references to a2enmod and a2ensite.

Under debian the default apache config doesn't allow proxying. See the
file /etc/apache2/mods-enabled/proxy.conf.
Thsi is to avoid you creating an open relay by accident.

So you need to enable it explicitely for your virtualhost.

Ad the following in your VirtualHost block:

<Proxy /*>
Order deny, allow
Allow from All
</Proxy>