httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Reading images from a jar
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 09:59:08 GMT
On Mon, Mar 2, 2009 at 9:26 AM, Thorsten Scherler
<thorsten.scherler.ext@juntadeandalucia.es> wrote:

> Can I link into a jar via httpd directly?

You cannot have apache serve files inside a jar. (A jar is a
compressed archive, after all).

What I would do in your case is extract the static content from your
webapp, and deploy it to your apache webroot seperately. Using aliases
or rewrites to make requests for this content map to your static files
in stead of your tomcat instance is than relatively straightforward.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org