httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Include directive in httpd.conf giving a Permission denied error.
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 21:17:33 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

>> FWIW, I attended an SELinux talk at FOSDEM last month.
>
> Just to add, I wrote a brief blog entry at the time.
> I'd treat that as more reliable than what I wrote here from memory.
>
> http://bahumbug.wordpress.com/2009/02/08/selinux/

I pretty much agree with the single comment on the blog :
"I typically just disable it. It’s always been a hassle."

As an off-the-hip comment, admittedly poorly informed because of the
above, I will add that to me SELinux has always looked like some
cover-your-ass addition dreamed up by some big company's marketing
department, so that they could claim to have "improved" Linux and made
it respectable in the corporate world.