httpd-users mailing list archives

From "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Include directive in httpd.conf giving a Permission denied error.
Date Mon, 16 Mar 2009 20:47:49 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:

> FWIW, I attended an SELinux talk at FOSDEM last month.  The majority of
> all his examples were with our httpd.  In questions at the end, I
> stressed the need for decent tutorial documentation and for meaningful
> error messages when something is denied.  His reaction was pretty
> negative ("unlikely to happen"), and others around the room seemed
> pretty negative about any likelihood of anything improving and
> supported a "selinux is the enemy" view.

On a positive note, the popup information under Fedora 10 bleeding kernels
have become much more interesting than the classic failure messages.  But
I have no desire to play 'fetch me a rock' so I haven't had much interest
in fighting with SELinux until someone active with SELinux and httpd comes
forward with recommended changes.