httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Is it possible to configure two subdomains for an IP address?
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:57:50 GMT
Eric Covener wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 15, 2009 at 2:34 AM, Rex C. Eastbourne
> <rex.eastbourne@gmail.com> wrote:
>> However, when I do this, I get the following error message:
>>
>> [error] VirtualHost *:80 -- mixing * ports and non-* ports with a
>> NameVirtualHost address is not supported, proceeding with undefined results
>
> Your config is perfect, however you have other vhosts getting in the
> way.   apachectl/apache2ctl/httpd -S would show you where you have
> "virtualhost *" w/o a port number, which overlaps with these.

A guess :
You might have one "NameVirtualHost *" in your main Apache configuration
file, and another "NameVirtualHost *:80" on the first line of the first
Virtual Host's configuration file, or vice-versa.
There should only be one "NameVirtualHost" in total.
And whatever that one says, you <VirtualHost > sections should match the
"NameVirtualHost" directive.