httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Digest Authentication
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 12:50:58 GMT
Tirtza Bernstein wrote:
> Hi,
> I have basic authentication working for svn on apache 2.2.  When I try to switch it to
digest authenticated it does not work.

> Configuration with Digest Authentication:
> <Location /svn>
>             DAV svn
>             SVNListParentPath on
>             SVNParentPath C:\server\repos
>             AuthType Digest
>             AuthName “Repos”
>             AuthDigestDomain /svn
>             AuthUserFile  C:\test\ auth_file
>             Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> Error Log:
> [Thu Mar 12 09:24:03 2009] [error] [client 79.180.232.71] Digest: user `user1' in realm
`\x93Repos\x94' not found: /svn/root/proj/

> I added user1 to the digest file with this command:
> C:\test >htdigest -c svn_authd_file "Repos" user1
> Adding password for user1 in realm ΓÇ£ReposΓÇ¥.
> New password: ********
> Re-type new password: ********
>
> I tried it without the quotes around realm as well
>
> Configuration with Basic Authentication:
> <Location /svn>
>             DAV svn
>             SVNListParentPath on
>             SVNParentPath C:\server\repos
>             AuthType Basic
>             AuthName “Repos”
>             AuthUserFile  C:\test\auth_file
>             Require valid-user
> </Location>
>
> Any help would be appreciated.

I see strange characters, in your Apache logfile and in your email, as
quotes around "Repos". \x93 and \x94 (as indicated in the logfile), are
not standard double-quotes.  Their byte value would tend to indicate
that they are some kind of character > 128 decimal ASCII.

I believe this may have to do with your issue.
What editor are you using to edit your configuration file ?