httpd-users mailing list archives

From Justin Pasher <just...@newmediagateway.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] 404 when first visit if userdir is mounted using autofs
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 22:07:26 GMT
Tz-Huan Huang wrote:
>> 2) If you request the http://hostname/~username from a browser, get a 404
>> error, then do an "ls /home", do you see the "username" directory mounted?
>>

> Yes. I find that this might be not related to autofs --
> while I have connected to the server via ssh and pwd is $HOME
> (so my $HOME is mounted), I might still get 404 when visit my homepage.

Check the Apache error log to be sure that the file it's actually trying
to load is the exact path you are expecting. Obviously if the Apache
error log indicates it's trying to load a different file than you
expect, then the problem lies elsewhere. Try doing an "ls
/full/path/in/error/log" to see if the system itself shows the file.

Since I personally have not experienced this problem with autofs, I
can't think of much else to look at.

--
Justin Pasher