httpd-users mailing list archives

From Frank Gingras <francois.ging...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Validating HTTP requests
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 16:38:09 GMT
Mohil,

Please disregard this troll. He has been known to infect every new
thread in this mailing list.

Frank.

Flowering Weeds wrote:

>> Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Validating HTTP requests
>>

>> Brian Mearns wrote:
>>

>>> Sorry, don't know of anything in particular, but it seems
>>> to me that Apache itself would necessarily be doing some
>>> amount of validation on the in coming requests.
>>>
>> Yes of course :-). But 1/ I'd like the validation to be as strict as possible (as
you said, I expect Apache to be a bit lenient with its clients) and 2/ I'd like to have the
report with useful information in case of failure to be sent in response to the request, instead
of having to give the client the right to dig into the logs on the server.

>> Thanks for your response, regards,
>>

> One hates to say it but
>

> All current Windows systems have an object that does this
>

> http.sys
>

> Http.sys can be used by an application using HTTP (if one wishes to use http.sys), and
all these apps can use the same IP / Port (or not).