httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Websphere / Apache similarities
Date Tue, 03 Mar 2009 15:57:54 GMT
Hi.

This is posted both to the Apache httpd and Tomcat user lists.

I am taking on a project for which, on the customer side, the installed
HTTP-related software consists of (in the customer's words) "IBM
Websphere 6.1 and the corresponding IBM webserver".

Does anyone on this list have any knowledge of these, in particular
their "compatibility/similarity" with respectively Tomcat v ? and Apache
httpd v ?

My applications make heavy usage, under Apache httpd, of mod_perl 2.x
and several Apache modules like mod_rewrite, mod_setenvif and mod_jk.
The Tomcat side is less critical, as it consists only of a couple of
simple servlets and servlet filters, which should I suppose not create a
major issue.

I have worked a couple of years ago with a Websphere server (don't
recall the version), which at the time seemed to be an almost verbatim
equivalent of Tomcat 4.1, but I don't know what happened since.

Thanks in advance for any information or informative links.
I will Google myself too, but I'm not quite sure at the moment how to
phrase this search.

André