httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject [users@httpd] Can name- and IP-based vhosts share an address:port pair?
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 16:19:26 GMT
We have HTTPD 2.2 with several IP-based VirtualHost definitions.  Now
one of our partners wants to add some name-based vhosts, and it would
be convenient to just keep using the same address:port as their
existing application.  What I mean to do is just add another
VirtualHost for each application, a NameVirtualHost fingering the
address:port pair, and ensure that the existing vhost is parsed first
so it becomes the default for no-name requests.  Will this work?  Am I
nuts?

The description of the way the address:port name lists are built and
used seems to imply that I can get away with this.  But then there's a
bit about name- and IP-based vhosts being unable to "interfere", which
makes me uncertain.

Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.