httpd-users mailing list archives

From Peter Schober <peter.scho...@univie.ac.at>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] htaccess against relative URLs?
Date Wed, 04 Mar 2009 19:23:37 GMT
* John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> [2009-03-04 01:41]:
> On Tue, Mar 03, 2009 at 06:32:38PM -0500, Frank Gingras wrote:
> > Place your restrictions in your <Location /app> block instead, in your
> > vhost.
>
> I did.  But without a /  In the examples I saw, it looked like
> everything starting with a / was an absolute path on the system.

No. You're confusing a <Location> with a <Directory>.
Please look at the documentation.

* John Oliver <joliver@john-oliver.net> [2009-03-04 20:14]:
> That did not work.
>
> <Directory "/tv">

See above.

> Options None
> AllowOverride None
> Order deny,allow
> Deny from all
> </Directory>
>
> /tv is not a directory in the DocumentRoot.  It's in
> /var/lib/tomcat6/webapps/  But changing the Directory to that didn't
> work, either, because Apache is not accessing that directory... Tomcat
> is.  I'm using a ProxyPass in proxy_ajp.conf so that
> https://my.server.name/tv/ works.

If you protect access to the Location /tv (correctly) httpd will
protect it, no matter if it's proxied to Tomcat or served locally or
whatever.

Cheers,
-peter