httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Mark H. Wood" <mw...@IUPUI.Edu>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Confused about LDAP authentication with Active Directory
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 14:42:47 GMT
I've forgotten whether there was some special complicating factor in
the original request.  This works here with 2.2.10:

AuthType                Basic
AuthBasicProvider       ldap
AuthName                "ADS"

AuthBasicAuthoritative  On

AuthLDAPURL		"ldap://domain controller list/ou=Accounts,dc=ads,dc=iu,dc=edu?CN?one" STARTTLS
AuthLDAPBindDN		"CN=initial bind user,OU=IN-ULib,OU=Accounts,DC=ads,DC=iu,DC=edu"
AuthLDAPBindPassword    "secret password here"
AuthzLDAPAuthoritative  Off
AuthLDAPGroupAttribute  member

Require ldap-group	cn=IN-ULib-Admins,ou=IN-ADMINS,ou=IN,dc=ADS,dc=IU,dc=Edu

I'm sure that some of that is debris from trying various things to
make it work, which I'm now scared to touch. :-/  Adjust the Require
directive, "domain controller list", "initial bind user", "secret
password here" and various DNs as needed.

Friends don't let friends publish revisable-form documents.