httpd-users mailing list archives

From Thorsten Scherler <thorsten.scherler....@juntadeandalucia.es>
Subject [users@httpd] Reading images from a jar
Date Mon, 02 Mar 2009 08:26:18 GMT
Hi all,

we have developed a block to add a new section to our page.

http://juntadeandalucia.es/28f2009/index.html

This section is independent from the rest of the portal. Since we are
using Apache httpd to serve all images, css and js we had to implement a
rewrite rule to the work dir of tomcat (our application is a j2ee app).

Something like:
RewriteRule "^/themes/images/28f2009/(.*)\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|ico)$"
"$PORTAL/work/blocks/conectorEspeciales/themer/themes/common/images/$1.$2" [L]

We cannot do this anymore out of constraints from our production
department and are looking into ways to link to the resources in the
block lib not pointing into the work dir of tomcat.

Can I link into a jar via httpd directly?

I mean can I use something like
RewriteRule "^/themes/images/28f2009/(.*)\.(gif|jpg|jpeg|ico)$"
"$PORTAL/WEB-INF/lib/conectorEspeciales.jar:/themer/themes/common/images/$1.$2" [L]

Any ideas and thoughts welcome.

TIA

salu2

de la InformaciĆ³n, S.A.U. (SADESI)