httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Tirtza Bernstein" <tirt...@simply-y.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Digest Authentication
Date Sun, 15 Mar 2009 11:04:51 GMT
Hi,
I have basic authentication working for svn on apache 2.2.  When I try to switch it to digest
authenticated it does not work.

Configuration with Digest Authentication:
<Location /svn>
            DAV svn
            SVNListParentPath on
            SVNParentPath C:\server\repos
            AuthType Digest
            AuthName “Repos”
            AuthDigestDomain /svn
            AuthUserFile  C:\test\ auth_file
            Require valid-user
</Location>

Error Log:
[Thu Mar 12 09:24:03 2009] [error] [client 79.180.232.71] Digest: user `user1' in realm `\x93Repos\x94'
not found: /svn/root/proj/

I added user1 to the digest file with this command:
C:\test >htdigest -c svn_authd_file "Repos" user1
Adding password for user1 in realm ΓÇ£ReposΓÇ¥.
New password: ********
Re-type new password: ********

I tried it without the quotes around realm as well

Configuration with Basic Authentication:
<Location /svn>
            DAV svn
            SVNListParentPath on
            SVNParentPath C:\server\repos