httpd-users mailing list archives

From ChocMonk <go...@iinet.net.au>
Subject [users@httpd] Serving ClearCase dynamic view content
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 02:36:08 GMT
Hi
I'm trying to setup httpd so it serves up content from an IBM Rational
ClearCase dynamic view. On Windows I use an "Alias /view/
"M:/someccview/" and I can browse and retreive content using
"http://host/view/".

Now, when I try the simlar setup on SLES 10, Apache (apache2-2.2.11-1.2)
and everything's fine to the point where I access files (text, pdf etc)
larger than 256 bytes, where I don't get ethe content displayed in the
browser. I've tried different browsers, different httpd.conf directives,
loosening Apache security, setting DocumentRoot to "/view", creating
symlinks within the default DocumentRoot to /view, among other things.
The access.log shows no errors for example:

sles10 - - [13/Feb/2009:14:27:21 +1100] "GET
/views/vobadm_base/vob/components/comp1/ClearCaseIntegrationwithWebSphereBusinessModeler.pdf
HTTP/1.1" 200 1105756

where I assume "1105756" is the number of bytes sent which is the same as:
ls -l
/view/vobadm_base/vob/components/comp1/ClearCaseIntegrationwithWebSphereBusinessModeler.pdf
-r--r--r-- 1 user ccuser 1105756 Feb 13 13:50
/view/vobadm_base/vob/components/comp1/ClearCaseIntegrationwithWebSphereBusinessModeler.pdf

Firstly, I'm disturbed that it just works on Windows:-)

With files outside of a dynamic view >256 bytes works fine.

I ssupect it's got something to do with the /view being a different
virtual file system (MVFS) and I'm opening a case with IBM Support, but
was wondering if there's anybody out there who may have encountered this
or have any pointers to other things I can try.

TIA
ChocMonk