httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Sherlock <n.sherl...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:59:46 GMT
Michael Rogers wrote:
> I don't know how you are getting the .com name to resolve to
> 66.133.46.108 as that is my modem, I can't get it do do that.  I tried
> disabling the DHCP on the computer that is acting as server, and did
> switch to static IP in the TCP/IP settings, but then I couldn't access
> the internet with any of my three computers.

You're probably in the wrong subnet, or you chose the same IP address as
the router has. You have a similar router to me. On the setup/basic
setup tab, you'll see a field called "local IP address" (the IP address
of the router) and "Subnet mask". Your computer needs to be configured
to have the same subnet mask. Use the same IP address as the router, but
change the last digit to something else, (like 40), so that you aren't
in conflict with the router.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock