httpd-users mailing list archives

From Nicholas Sherlock <n.sherl...@gmail.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 08:11:51 GMT
Michael Rogers wrote:
> Nicholas!
>
> did you try michaelsrogers.com or .net, I have two domain names.

Michaelsrogers.com (currently resolving here to 66.113.46.108) gives the
"connection refused" message. Michaelsrogers.net (resolving to
66.96.130.11) loads fine.

Are both of these sites being served by a computer on your network? Are
they both served from the same connection? What IP address do you see if
you go to http://www.whatismyip.com ?

> look at this and tell me what I did wrong.  I find that on my network I
> can also type "laptop-1" and still see the page.

That suggests that your program is not with a firewall on your computer.
I don't think the issue is with your Apache configuration. I think that
it is your network configuration. Have you set up port forwarding on
your router yet? Have you ever been able to access your Apache server
from outside your network?

> One thing is I am not understanding the "your host" does this mean "me"
> as in my computer or the ISPs computer where the names server is?

I was talking about your computer, the one that Apache is running on.

Cheers,
Nicholas Sherlock