httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Rogers" <mich...@michaelsrogers.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:13:53 GMT
Razi!

I need to tend to a medical problem first before I work on this more.  That should not take
me more then 45 minutes to an hour.  meanwhile I would ask you to look at advanced routing
in the linksys

I also would like to know what goes into the httpd.config file:

# ServerName gives the name and port that the server uses to identify itself.
# This can often be determined automatically, but we recommend you specify
# it explicitly to prevent problems during startup.
#
# If your host doesn't have a registered DNS name, enter its IP address here.
#
#ServerName localhost
ServerName 10.0.0.115
  From: Razi Khaja
  Sent: Sunday, February 01, 2009 3:54 PM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe

    Mt router is a linksys WRT54G.

  Great! Thats the one I use, so this should be easy.

  First determine the ip number of the computer running the apache web server (your apache
server) by running ipconfig \all on the command line.

  Next log in to your router, go to "Applications & Gaming" -> DMZ.  Enable DMZ and
enter the ip number of your apache server. (We can change this to use port forwarding once
we know that the DMZ works. Ill help you with that afterwards.)

  This should allow anyone on the internet to see your web page. For now, give that a try.

Michael S. Rogers
(406) 967-2385

Web Sites: http://www.michaelsrogers.net & http://www.michaelsrogers.net/trainwreck/Wreck.html