httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Raghu Govindaraj" <RGovinda...@antennasoftware.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Apache 2.2.11 - Load Balancer Question
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2009 18:52:36 GMT
Hi,

I'm new to Apache, this may look like a silly question. I'm trying to
configure Apache for load balancing, Apache as been installed
successfully and the proxy configuration is working fine, my issue is
when I add the load balancing module the request is not being forwarded
to the servers defined under <proxy balancer>

Ver: Apache 2.2.11

Platform: Windows 2003 server

I have 2 instances of Java apps running and installed Apache, the
request coming from outside as to be routed to these 2 java app
instances.

Httpd.conf

ProxyRequests Off

#Load Balancer

<Location /balancer-manager>

      SetHandler balancer-manager

</Location>

<Proxy balancer://cluster>

      BalancerMember http://localhost:7600/edges/0000001 route=ec1
loadfactor=50

      BalancerMember http://localhost:7601/edges/0000001 route=ec2
loadfactor=50

</Proxy>

ProxyPass /ec  balancer://cluster/

Please let me know if I have missed anything and any help is
appreaciated.

Thanks in advance,

Raghu

Raghu Govindaraj | Antenna Software

O: 201.239.2304 | Email: rgovindaraj@antennasoftware.com
<mailto:rgovindaraj@antennasoftware.com>  | www.antennasoftware.com
<http://www.antennasoftware.com/>

users@httpd.apache.org., This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and
intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. Please
note that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and
do not necessarily represent those of the company. Finally, the recipient should check this
any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email. If you have received this email
in error please delete it and notify the system administrator at administrator@antennasoftware.com