httpd-users mailing list archives

From John Hudak <jjhu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: GUI for configuring Apache httpd by editing httpd.conf
Date Mon, 16 Feb 2009 20:58:53 GMT
I apologize...I didn't mean to hijack this thread by stating a personal
perception. Should have confined my comments to technical contributions.  I
guess my point is that in designing any interface, one must consider the
complexities (e.g. the numerous interactions possible with the variables) of
the system.  If the interactions are complex, a form approach can frustrate
the user just as much as having to edit a text file, and be more difficult
to build than initially thought.  If one googles for  'complexity forms
data'  one will find lots of guidelines to both evaluate and assess form
usability.

-John