httpd-users mailing list archives

From Tony Anecito <adanec...@yahoo.com>
Subject [users@httpd] Why Would Apache be so slow??
Date Tue, 17 Feb 2009 17:14:33 GMT
Hi All,

I am using Apache 2.4 and it is taking 10s of seconds to download small files. for example:

200 49018 5046875

The firs param is the http status the second the file size and the third the time %D or 5
seconds.

I tried a dsl speed test and I am getting 2Mbps upload which seems healthy.
I have a dual core AMD64 5200+ with SATA2 drives that are defragged. I am using Windows 2000
professional.

Any ideas? Any tools I can use to diagnose the problem? I tried using ab from the Apache bin
directory but I get invalid url when I try it.

Should not Apache cache files? I have over 1GB free of fast memory.

I also setup some tuning based on a blog I found I have:

ThreadsPerChild 250
MaxRequestsPerChild  0

ProxyRequests Off

KeepAlive On
KeepAliveTimeout 15
MaxKeepAliveRequests 80

This is extreemly frustrating to see Apache so slow.

Regards,
-Tony