httpd-users mailing list archives

From Krist van Besien <krist.vanbes...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Proxy needs to rewrite parameters in QueryString
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 07:02:46 GMT
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:27 PM, Andreas Dahlen <andreas@dahlen.ws> wrote:

> The rewrite statements was wrong (I accidently changed one / to ?), should
> be "Location:
> http://login.internal.com/LoginSuccess?servername=http://backend1.internal.c
> om"
>
> Since RewriteRules doesn't operate on what goes out, is there any other
> solution to operate on what goes out?

So basically once a user has authenticated himself thge tomcat
application generates the above redirect, right?. The browser then
will try to access this redirect.

Two things need to be done:
- The host part needs to be changed, so that the users receive a URL
that refers to the external host. Something like this might to this:

ProxyPassReverse /LoginSuccess http://login.internal.com/LoginSuccess

(ProxyPassReverse operates on redirects).

Now your users should get a redirect to
http://frontend.external.com/LoginSuccess?servername=http://backend1.internal.com
(Note, do you want to give away the internal structure of your site?)
The browser will now request this url, and since the host name part
points to your external server this host will receive it, and you can
use rewrites on this, as it is an incoming request.

Krist

--
krist.vanbesien@gmail.com
krist@vanbesien.org