httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 17:00:10 GMT
Doug McNutt wrote:
> At 10:55 -0500 2/19/09, Denise Mangano wrote:
>> I will try that... This issue came up with something else - we use a
>> smarthost with our email and I am starting to think it is doing some
>> 'manipulation' some where.  Thanks again.
>
> I note that your message to the list are formatted as HTML. You might
> try turning that off while talking to ezmin.  Yeah. I know this is an
> apache list and HTML sort of makes sense but, in general, it's a bad
> idea in email.

+1.
Whomever invented that stuff of multipart/alternative + html in emails,
deserves a lemon prize, along with the person who invented spaces in
filenames.
For one, it probably doubles the useless bandwidth usage in the whole
Internet.  For seconds, it makes it all the more easy to embed all sorts
of nasties in emails.