httpd-users mailing list archives

From Davide Bianchi <dav...@walterisookeensufferukker.nl>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Apache Proxy up Issues
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 15:16:20 GMT
Charles Payne (Travel Channel) wrote:
> We are having an issue with uploading files, it seems to take forvever.
> On a standard DSL line 3MB it taking 30 mins plus to upload a 300 MB.
>
> I am wondering if there a module that we can compile that canhelp speed
> uploads. Or are things that I can adjust in my httpd.conf file to help
> with uploads.

Apache doesn't do anything with "uploads", it should be handled either
by some kind of web-application or by a CGI (still an application). On
the other hand, most 'standard' DSL lines are geared for DOWNLOAD stuff
and not upload, hence the speed is maybe 3Mb in download but a mere 512
Kb for upload.

Have you checked if using FTP or SCP is any better?

Davide

--
The problem with people whose minds are in the gutter is that they keep
blocking my periscope.