httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] [client 127.0.0.1] client denied by serverconfiguration: /srv/www/htdocs/
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 23:59:51 GMT
Nick Kew wrote:
> James Pifer wrote:
>> On Wed, 2009-02-18 at 14:49 -0700, Anthony J. Biacco wrote:
>>> Hmm..do you have a <Directory /> block that's maybe denying it, or lack
>>> of one?
>>
>> Ok, found this in the main httpd.conf. The virtual servers are all
>> includes. So is it "safe" to comment this out?
>
> No.  Don't do that.
>
> At a glance, your problem appears to be that you haven't enabled
> Options Indexes.

Now James, you started this thread by saying that "suddenly, a cgi-bin
script doesn't work anymore"..
This is all taking us a bit far from that initial issue.
If it was working before, and isn't working anymore, something must have
changed, right ?
I have the feeling you are not telling us everything here, and it is
getting a bit confusing. At first you were saying that the configuration
was this
  <Directory /srv/www/htdocs/>
   AllowOverride None
   Order allow,deny
   Allow from all
  </Directory>

Then you pulled out another this

<Directory />
     Options None
     AllowOverride None
     Order deny,allow
     Deny from all
</Directory>

Then you talk about includes..

So, which server are we talking about, with how many virtual hosts,
which one is the one where the cgi-bin doesn't run anymore, and which
one is the one of which you pulled out the first logfile ?
Or do you want to keep us guessing bit by bit ?

;-)