httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] turn off basic authentication for one file
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 17:13:23 GMT
Jake Garfield wrote:
> Please forgive me if this is a dumb question, but is there a way to turn off basic authentication
for ONE file?  I suppose there is some type of .htaccess syntax for that. How would I do that?

I don't think it is a dumb question, because authentication tends to be
"sticky", and there are no directives like
AuthType None
or
Require None
or
Satisfy nothing

If you authentication is not set at the document root level ("/"), then
you could try the following or some variation :

Alias /secure/my_file.html /var/www/htdocs/free/my_file.html

<Location /secure>
   (authentication)
</Location>

<Directory /var/www/htdocs/free>