httpd-users mailing list archives

From Norman Peelman <npeel...@cfl.rr.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 12:29:00 GMT
Michael Rogers wrote:
> Mr. Peelman:
>
> Thanks for asking for the info.  I have attached it in a Word Doc
> because it seemed easier to do it that way then ot try to past it all
> in an email.
  After looking at your .doc file and pulling up your manual on the
internet, it appears that you router doesn't support this feature
without a third party firmware upgrade.

see: http://ask.metafilter.com/42917/Linksys-WRT54G-questions

  I don't know of anything else to tell you. You may be able to use QoS
but I have no experience with that. Read the link.

I guess you can do it through Windows (but I don't do Windows):

http://www.hotcomm.com/FAQ/FAQ_staticIPXP.asp

  Hope this helps... as an afterthought. In your hosts file try to make
sure that you use TABs instead of SPACES between the ip addresses and urls:

127.0.0.1 (TAB) url

make sure they are all TABs and I usually put 1 per line.

Norman Registered Linux user #461062 -Have you been to www.apache.org yet?-