httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] port issue with reverse proxy
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 09:13:13 GMT
Mike Soultanian wrote:
> Per my initial requirements, I was able to get reverse proxy working
> pretty well so my legacy web app sees every request originating from
> itself.  To do this, I'm using the following:
>
> proxyrequests off
>
> NameVirtualHost *:80
> NameVirtualHost myserver.tld:81
>
> <VirtualHost *:80>
> ProxyPass / http://myserver.tld:81/
> ProxyPassReverse / http://myserver.tld:81/
> </VirtualHost>
>
> <VirtualHost myserver.tld:81>
> DocumentRoot c:\inetpub\wwwroot
> </VirtualHost>
>
> The only problem now is that new links within the app are getting
> created with :81 appended to the URL.  Unfortunately I can't change how
> the app works so I wanted to see if there is some way to report the port
> as 80 so subsequently selected links will be forced back through the
> first virtualhost like the initial request.  Sound possible?

Hi.
(I'm no expert, just following this to try and understand it myself)
Looking at :
http://httpd.apache.org/docs/2.2/mod/mod_proxy.html#proxypassreverse
it seems to concern only HTTP re-direct headers, not links within the
html pages themselves.
Does your app really generate absolute links within the html response
pages themselves ?
I mean, if in your browser you get such a response page, and look at the
html source of the page, do you really see links to
"http://myserver.tld:81/...", or are they more like
"/something/something_else", or even relative like "images/img1.gif" ?
If they are really absolute to "http://..", then you might need the
mod_proxy_html module, as also indicated in the above doc. section.
But otherwise, maybe you are just being confused between what the
browser does to interpret relative links and what the server actually does ?