httpd-users mailing list archives

From Mike Soultanian <msoul...@csulb.edu>
Subject [users@httpd] port issue with reverse proxy
Date Thu, 05 Feb 2009 08:15:37 GMT
Per my initial requirements, I was able to get reverse proxy working
pretty well so my legacy web app sees every request originating from
itself.  To do this, I'm using the following:

proxyrequests off

NameVirtualHost *:80
NameVirtualHost myserver.tld:81

<VirtualHost *:80>
ProxyPass / http://myserver.tld:81/
ProxyPassReverse / http://myserver.tld:81/
</VirtualHost>

<VirtualHost myserver.tld:81>
DocumentRoot c:\inetpub\wwwroot
</VirtualHost>

The only problem now is that new links within the app are getting
created with :81 appended to the URL.  Unfortunately I can't change how
the app works so I wanted to see if there is some way to report the port
as 80 so subsequently selected links will be forced back through the
first virtualhost like the initial request.  Sound possible?

Thanks!
Mike