httpd-users mailing list archives

From André Warnier ...@ice-sa.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Capturing server response
Date Sun, 01 Feb 2009 20:41:04 GMT
Solutio at Gmail wrote:
> Gotcha. I haven't had to do that before, but I am sure I will figure
> that out. We will try this solution as well as setting up a proxy, to
> see which will have the least impact on the overall performance. Thanks
> heaps.

If you need more specific help with mod_perl, I suggest to try the
mod_perl list.  You will find subscription information at
"http://perl.apache.org".

By the way, if you go here :
http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/handlers/filters.html#Setting_the_Content_Length_Header_in_Request_Output_Filters
you should find an example that is just about what you need.
As shown, it modifies the Content-Length header, but you would just need
to modify this section in the example :
      if ($seen_eos) {
           my $len = length $data;
           $filter->r->headers_out->set('Content-Length', $len);
           $filter->print($data) if $data;
       }..

to do something like
      if ($seen_eos) {
           my $r_headers = $filter->r->headers_out;
	  (log the headers) + (log $data)
           $filter->print($data) if $data; # pass the data further
       }..

This is not the most efficient way, and ok only as long as your response
data is not too large (because it buffers it all) but if this is your
first try at mod_perl, it would be an easy starting point.

In various places there, it is mentioned that a Request output filter
(as opposed to a Connection output filter, which is harder to write) has
no access to the HTTP response headers.  That is true in the sense that
the response headers do not really pass through the filter as data (only
the response body does).  But it still /can/ get the response headers
(to log them e.g.) via $filter->r->headers_out().