httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Michael Rogers" <mich...@michaelsrogers.net>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 18:09:53 GMT

  From: André Warnier
  Sent: Monday, February 02, 2009 5:49 AM
  To: users@httpd.apache.org
  Subject: Re: [users@httpd] Re: Help - Name Server - Maybe

  Michael Rogers wrote:
  > Eric:
  >
  > My email utility sent you to the junk mail folder and I didn't see you until now.
Next I am suffering this morning from severe pain and the morphine is not helping so I may
not respond back right away.  My pain may be for a couple of hours or in might be for days.

  > I do know that my computer works with IP address and not names.  I know that I am having
a router problem.  some that are helping here can get to my modem but that is as far as they
get.  That's the problem that I need to resolve.

  > Right now the machine that has the Apache on it has an IP address of 10.0.0.115.  I
found the host file.  Am I to understand that I should put 10.0.0.115  www.michaelsrogers.com
in the file right under the 127.0.0.1  localhost
  You can, and it will not hurt. But that is not the main reason for your
  problem.
  If you do, then also do it on your other internal workstations.

  Can you reach your Apache server from the other internal workstations ?
  If yes, using the server address (http://10.0.0.115) *and* also using a
  name (if you have done the above, then using
  http://www.michaelsrogers.com) ?

  I can reach the Apache from all of my internal machines and it works fine.  Using http://www.michaelsrogers.com
does not work.

  You really should make sure it works internally, before you attempt the
  "externally" part of the issue.
  It is a question of having a solid base, before you attempt more
  complicated things.

  I can still not access your server using
  "http://www.michaelsrogers.com/", but at this stage that might still be
  due to many reasons and I'd rather not speculate.