httpd-users mailing list archives

From "Anthony J. Biacco" <abia...@formatdynamics.com>
Subject RE: [users@httpd] PHP4/PHP5 both as Apache 2 Modules RHEL 5
Date Sat, 21 Feb 2009 00:40:38 GMT
Try running the php4 version as a fastcgi with the mod_fastcgi module, that's what we do. Configure
php4 with -enable-fastcgi and --enable-force-cgi-redirect

-Tony
---------------------------
Manager, IT Operations
Format Dynamics, Inc.
303-573-1800x27
abiacco@formatdynamics.com
http://www.formatdynamics.com

From: Lopez, Denise [mailto:dlopez@humnet.ucla.edu]
Sent: Friday, February 20, 2009 5:12 PM
To: users@httpd.apache.org
Subject: [users@httpd] PHP4/PHP5 both as Apache 2 Modules RHEL 5

Hi all,
I was wondering if anyone has successfully installed php4 and php5 both as Apache modules
on RedHat Linux before.  My situation is that I have legacy authentication code that requires
php4.  Sorry, not required, I just don't have the time to try to figure out how to modify
the scripts to run under php5.
In addition we are moving to a new authentication method that requires PHP5. I would like
to have the sites that run with the older version of php4 and the scripts that run with the
newer version of php5 installed on the same server so the developers can move over authenticated
applications as necessary.
I currently have php5 installed as a module and php4 installed as a cgi binary but there is
heavy use of the $_SESSION variables in the scripts and it does not function when php4 is
configured as a cgi binary. I keep getting an undefined index error in the apache log that
refers to a $_SESSION variable declared in one of the scripts.
My thought is it would be possible to have 2 virtual named hosts and one run php4 as a module
and the other php5 as a module.
Any input or point in the right direction would be appreciated.
Thanks
Denise Lopez
UCLA - Center for Digital Humanities
Network Services