httpd-users mailing list archives

From Eric Covener <cove...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [users@httpd] SSL library error 336151570 in handshake w/ confirmed cert (CN=ServerName, valid, etc)
Date Wed, 18 Feb 2009 14:06:24 GMT
On Wed, Feb 18, 2009 at 8:31 AM, Szerdahelyi, Andras
<andras.szerdahelyi@citi.com> wrote:
> My question is: how is this error invoked when my server cert is valid?
> [Wed Feb 18 15:03:36 2009] [info] SSL Library Error: 336151570
> error:14094412:SSL routines:SSL3_READ_BYTES:sslv3 alert bad certificate
> Subject CN in certificate not server name or identical to CA!?

I'm not terribly familiar with mod_ssl, but tou might look at a
wireshark trace and see if this Alert is actually being transmitted
over the wire by the client.

It looks like it happens early enough that it would be unencrypted.

--
Eric Covener
covener@gmail.com