httpd-users mailing list archives

From da...@comcast.net
Subject [users@httpd] Using a MOTD
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2009 17:08:13 GMT

Good afternoon all,

I have installed Apache HTTPD 2.2 and set it up as a “pass through” server to Tomcat.
I have a requirement that every user see a MOTD page before they get passed onto the application
on Tomcat. Even if the user has bookmarked a page within the application deployed on Tomcat
they need to first be directed to the MOTD then redirected to the bookmarked page.

I’ve looked into Apache::MOTD by CPAN and it’s a viable option. My only issue is it requires
that I install Perl. Installing Perl usually is not a big deal, but I would rather not have
to do that.

Does anyone know how to intercept all requests, direct them to a MOTD, and provide a link
to the originally requested page without having to install perl?

Thanks,

-Dan